Friday, February 24, 2012

Meet Biscoff

I have been in love with this stuff ever since I laid my taste buds on it. The only way I can think of to describe it is the texture of peanut butter and the taste of a graham cracker. I don't know one person that doesn't get addicted after the first time they try it, so be very careful. I've eaten a whole jar in 4 days.. that's embarrassing. Anyways, I discovered this deliciousness in October and they JUST now got it in Bowling Green. Embarrassing once again, but every time I was out of town I would check numerous grocery stores until I found it. I just had to get my hands on this stuff as much as I could. Now that I have talked biscoff up so much, I hope you love it. Since I am so fond of it, I decided to bake with it. Biscoff mission number one: no bake cookies. These are super sweet, super rich and taste as they are supposed to, an oatmeal biscoff cookie. I loved these and this may seem odd, but I think I would rather eat biscoff straight from the jar over cookie form. Since I saw these on pinterest, I just had to make them. Here's what you'll need
Butter, sugar, vanilla, milk, oats, and of course biscoff. Add your butter, sugar, and milk to a pot
 Melt over medium heat. Bring to a boil and let bubble for 1 minute. Don't skip this step, it's important

Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients
Stir well. Now for the fun part, test taste it while it's fresh to see if it needs anything. I ended up adding more milk, biscoff, and a little cinnamon
Scoop mixture out in desired size onto foil or freezer paper. You may have to flatten each cookie a little right when you scoop them out
And of course the biscoff flavor was booming to me so I melted some biscoff and drizzled over each cookie..
It gives them a little hint of prettiness too
Let them cool and set up. This will take about 20 minutes. Store in an air-tight container so they don't dry out.

Biscoff No Bake Cookies
2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Biscoff spread
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 cups oats


In large saucepan, mix butter, sugar and milk on medium high heat. Bring to a boil, and boil for one minute (don't skip this step)! Remove from heat. Stir in the Biscoff spread, vanilla, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Fold in oatmeal. Scoop cookie dough onto parchment paper in 1-2 Tbsp scoops. Allow to set (about 30 minutes). Remove and store in air tight container. Yum. (Top with melted biscoff if desired)

No comments:

Post a Comment